Need a ride to witness the the Cardinals basketball team dominate in the NESCAC tournament this Saturday?
The men’s basketball team will be facing Middlebury at Amherst this Saturday at 7:30 PM. If you need a ride, there will be a fan van available. However, you must email email@example.com by Wednesday if you want a ride on the fan van!
A Fan Van will be departing from the front of Usdan at 5:00PM and taking students to Trinity (only 20 minutes away!), arriving just in time to see the beginning of the meet.
The van will take students back to Wesleyan at 8:00 PM and drop them off at Usdan.
Please participate in this UNIQUE opportunity and e-mail Grace Smith if you wish to reserve a spot on the bus!
Grace Smith ’14, WSA Transportation Committee & WSA Freeman Athletic Advisory Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday, December 10th from Noon onwards, the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee will be having a “Stuff the Net” fundraising/ toy drive in Freeman. Since there are several games happening that day, we hope to have a good amount of traffic coming through the Athletic Center. We ask that people donate one un-wrapped toy into one of two nets that will be in the main lobby and back lobby of Freeman. Those who can’t bring a toy will have the option of donating cash as well.
Want to see a 60 ft long, 200 pound boat fly?! Want to spend a day at the races?! The Wesleyan crew teams will be competing this weekend at our very own boathouse! Come on out and support them at the only home race of the year!
The novice boats will race around 10:40 on Sunday morning, the Varsity 4’s will be at 11:10 p.m. and the Varsity 8’s will be at 3:40 p.m. To get to the boathouse, travel down Church Street, past Rite Aid and follow it all the way to the river- it’s less than a 15 minute walk! If you want your very own wescrew gear or snacks, be sure to bring some cash!
MANY THANKS to the 39 teams from across all class years who came out to raise funds for relief efforts in Pakistan and Japan on April 3! Thanks also to the teams who did not show but contributed their registration fee for these worthy causes. And thanks to the 2013 Class Council for their good work!
After numerous rounds, We Do Sports defeated defending champs, Off Constantly, in the battle for the final victory and one-third of the proceeds. Kee Kumbas and Dodgeball Jesus put up a challenging fight against them in the Final Four.
Many teams stayed to compete in the consolation rounds, and the consolation prize went to Team Gang Bang after a fierce contest against Kurt Lyn. Rematches are already in the works for next year!!
Mean Girls was the winner of “Most Creative Team Attire,” and shared portions of their award with The Super Dodge Bros.
Below are pics of 31 of the participating teams.
It is true – the Fan Van, a bus that takes student fans to Wesleyan athletic away games, is happening again for the last time this school year. It will launch this Saturday April 23rd, with a bus going to the men’s lacrosse game against Amherst, one of our Little Ivy rivals.
1) People can reserve a spot for the Amherst game by emailing email@example.com, stating their interest in reserving a spot. To preserve the fairness of the service, you can only reserve a seat for yourself (your friends must also reserve for themselves) unless it is an emergency circumstance. First come, first served. There are a pretty limited number of spots, so make your reservation now before bus seats run out.
2) On Saturday, the bus will be leaving Wesleyan from Usdan at 12:15pm. The bus will be leaving Amherst at 4:00pm and returning to campus at roughly 5:30pm.
3) You must come back on the bus on the return trip to Wesleyan. No exceptions! There will be a bus monitor with a list of student names ensuring that all students use the Fan Van both ways.
4) The trip is free of charge, but you must bring your best Wesleyan spirit!
5) Last chance to see our awesome men’s lacrosse team do some more damage in the NESCAC!
Cheers for Wes,
Nicole Okai, WSA Transportation Committee Representative, and Zachary Malter, WSA Transportation Committee Chair
Get your team together and raise money for Pakistan and Japan relief efforts AND have a good time!
Entry deadline is this Wednesday, March 30; entry form is on right sidebar. Get your $20 and throwing arm ready for Sunday, April 3 at the Bacon Field House.
1/3 of the proceeds goes to the winning team; 1/3 to Pakistan and 1/3 to Japan. The more teams, the more $$.
Relive the Rivalries–Start New Ones!