Juniors: Make sure that you meet with your major advisor to review major requirements and plan your course of study in conjunction with your Major Certification Form. As always, check your credit analysis for oversubscription in a department or other category as well as for your progress on other graduation requirements. –Dean Brown
The below outlines what you need to do, helpful resources, and important deadlines for Spring 2012 pre-registration. I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the details of the pre-registration system to ensure satisfaction with your schedule. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. –Paul H. Turenne, Associate Registrar, 860-685-2352
Planning: 8:30am Tues., Nov. 1 thru 5pm Mon., Nov. 14
Scheduling: Tues., Nov. 15
Adjustment: 8am Wed., Nov. 16 thru 5pm Tues., Nov. 22 (Your start time will be listed in your portfolio.)
Help Line – x3222 from 8:30am to 5pm, Mon.-Fri.
Letter – https://wesfiles.wesleyan.edu/departments/Reg/Pre-Registration/Public/preregstudentletter.pdf
FAQs – http://www.wesleyan.edu/registrar/registration/pre_registration_students_faq.html
Manual – https://wesfiles.wesleyan.edu/departments/Reg/Pre-Registration/Public/preregmanual.pdf
Between 8:30am on Tues., Nov. 1 and 5pm on Mon., Nov. 14 you MUST:1) Create a course plan, including ranked course selections via EP>Student>Course Registration>Pre-Registration.
2) Electronically submit Permission of Instructor and Prerequisite Override requests to the instructors through your portfolio.
3) confirm your Fall 2011 schedule in EP>Student>Wesleyan Career>Current Classes & Schedule before 5pm on Mon., Nov. 14 in order to be build a pre-reg plan. (Not applicable to students returning from leave or abroad.)
4) meet with your faculty advisor to finalize your course plan before 5pm on Mon., Nov. 14. (Students returning from leave or abroad also need advisor finalization, but a meeting is not required.)
1) Adding a course to your plan does not guarantee you a seat in the course.
2) If you are scheduled into your top ranked class, the system will proceed down list A. If you do not get your first choice, the system will proceed down list B. You should list courses in both columns, and there should be some overlap between the A and B columns.
3) On Tues., Nov. 15, the pre-registration system will run a scheduling program enrolling students into courses. The system will look at: rank, class year/major, number of previous requests, number of courses already scheduled, completed pre-requisites, permission of instructor status, and, all things equal, a random number.
4) Later that day, in your portfolio, you will be able to preview your preliminary schedule and ascertain what time you may begin adjustment. Based on the number of scheduled full credit courses (those with fewer enrolled credits go first), you may participate beginning as early as 8am Wed., Nov. 16. Adjustment will close at 5pm on Tues., Nov. 22.