Throughout the year, Campus Fire Safety and Res Life staff will conduct health and safety inspections in all student residences. As you begin packing your belongings and prepare to depart for Wesleyan, it’s important to keep the following in mind:
- Candles, incense, used smoking materials and cooking appliances in student rooms are the most common fineable offenses
- Students should review the list of prohibited items on the fire safety website
- Campus Fire Safety will confiscate and fine $100 for each prohibited item
- Campus Fire Safety will notify Public Safety if any weapons or drugs are found during room inspections
- Campus Fire Safety will notify the Dean’s Office if any alcohol is found in rooms of students presumed to be under 21
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.