As the last day of classes approaches please take some time to consider your academic rights for Reading Period and Finals.
- Final exams (meaning comprehensive examinations covering materials from the course of the entire semester) can only be given during the formal exam period.
- In courses without a registrar-scheduled final examination, significant assignments such as final take-home exams, semester-long projects, and term papers must be due no sooner than the first day, and no later than the last day, of the exam period and preferably at the time slot reserved for the registrar-scheduled examination.
- Student organizations should not schedule retreats, programs or meetings that require student attendance during Reading Period.
- Departmental, program, and college activities that require student participation should not be held during Reading Period, with the exception of oral and written examinations covered by alternative exam calendars.
- If a student has three or more final examinations on one day, the student may request a rescheduled examination from one instructor.