The Deans’ Office is pleased to announce that a new, enhanced version of the Credit Analysis Report is now available through the e-Portfolio.
ePortfolio login > Student Portfolio > Wesleyan Career > Credit Analysis Report.
The Credit Analysis is a review of the academic record that monitors progress towards meeting graduation requirements with regard to semesters in residence, GPA, earned and enrolled credits, and oversubscription. It flags potential problems that may affect completion of graduation requirements, but it does not track completion of major requirements (the Major Certification Form is used to do this).
Enhancements to the new version include:
- Academic Career-in-a-glance layout. The first page of the report is designed to present a concise summary of progress towards meeting the graduation requirements. Warning messages flag potential problems towards meeting these requirements.
- Student Type tracking. The report knows whether you are a First-Year Entrant or Transfer Student. If you are a Transfer Student, it knows whether you are a Sophomore, Mid-Year Sophomore or Junior Transfer.
- Semesters in Residence tracking. The report calculates how many semesters remain to meet the residency requirement and is aware of the different residency requirements for first-year entrants and transfer students.
- Oversubscription Calculation. The report calculates total oversubscription to provide “Total Useable Graduation Credits.” It also calculates oversubscription at the department and category levels and displays the number of remaining or oversubscribed credits at these levels. The report is aware of special exceptions for students who double-major in ARHA and ARST or MATH and COMP and recalculates oversubscription limits accordingly.
- Complete Crosslisting information. The report identifies every department and credit category in which a course is crosslisted, regardless of the selection that may have been made during the course registration process.
The Credit Analysis is updated every evening to reflect changes in course enrollment status (drop/add transactions, withdrawals, etc.). In addition, courses in which you are pre-registered are included in the credit analysis. More information about the oversubscription regulation and how oversubscription is calculated can be found at http://wesleyan.edu/studentaffairs/facguide/oversub.html.
If you have questions about the Credit Analysis or if you believe your report is in error, please contact Dean Brown immediately.