WesFiles is a centralized, web-based, document storage system that enables users to have easy network access to all their documents from anywhere. WesFiles replaces the old system of different storage locations for different types of documents, often requiring different front end programs and different usernames and passwords to gain access to files stored on different systems. There are many advantages to storing your documents in WesFiles
- Easy network access to all your documents from anywhere.
- Easy web access. You simply have to connect to https://wesfiles.wesleyan.edu and provide your credentials to access all your documents.
- WesFiles system can also be mounted on your desktop so it appears as though it is another disk on your computer.
- Ease of collaboration – you can set the access control for any document yourself; you can also share documents with anyone who doesn’t even have a Wesleyan email account.
- You don’t have to worry about backing up your files because WesFiles is backed up for you on a regular basis.
- WesFiles lends itself to extensions easily. For example, ITS has written a dropbox function that the faculty can set up in WesFiles.
- WesFiles provides a document workflow engine that is very powerful.
More information is available on the WesFiles blog.