You will be registering for Fall 2012 classes using the pre-registration system. This email outlines what you need to do, helpful resources and important deadlines.
8:30am Monday, April 2 thru 5pm Monday, April 16
Tuesday, April 17
8am Wednesday, April 18 thru 5pm Tuesday, April 24 (Your start time will be listed in your EP.)
Help Line – x3222 from 8:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Letter – https://wesfiles.wesleyan.edu/departments/Reg/Pre-Registration/Public/preregstudentletter.pdf
FAQs – http://www.wesleyan.edu/registrar/registration/pre_registration_students_faq.html
Manual – https://wesfiles.wesleyan.edu/departments/Reg/Pre-Registration/Public/preregmanual.pdf
Between 8:30am on Monday, April 2 and 5pm on Monday, April 16 you MUST:
1) Create a course plan, including ranked course selections via EP>Student>Course Registration>Pre-Registration.
2) Electronically submit Permission of Instructor and Prerequisite Override requests to the instructors through your portfolio.
3) In order to be build a pre-reg plan, you must confirm your Spring 2012 schedule in EP>Student>Wesleyan Career>Current Classes & Schedule before 5pm on Monday, April 16. (Not applicable to students returning from leave or abroad.)
4) You must meet with your faculty advisor to finalize your course plan before 5pm on Monday, April 17. (Students returning from leave or abroad also need advisor finalization, but a meeting is not required.)
1) Adding a course to your plan does not guarantee you a seat in the course.
2) If you are scheduled into your top ranked class, the system will proceed down list A. If you do not get your first choice, the system will proceed down list B. You should list courses in both columns, and there should be some overlap between the A and B columns.
3) On Tuesday, April 17 the pre-registration system will run a scheduling program enrolling students into courses. The system will look at: rank, class year/major, number of previous requests, number of courses already scheduled, completed pre-requisites, permission of instructor status, and, all things equal, a random number.
4) Later that day, in your portfolio, you will be able to preview your preliminary schedule and ascertain what time you may begin adjustment. Based on the number of scheduled full credit courses (those with fewer enrolled credits go first) you may participate beginning as early as 8am Wednesday, April 18. Adjustment will close at 5pm on Tuesday, April 24.
I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the details of the pre-registration system to ensure satisfaction with your schedule. You may find it helpful to meet with a Peer Advisor to discuss your course selections before meeting with your faculty advisor.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns–Paul H. Turenne, Associate Registrar, 860-685-2352